We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
My goodness, the time has flown by! We are only a month away from Valentines Day, and that means that it is time to start figuring out some Valentine’s treat ideas for school.
I have been waiting all my life for this part of motherhood. I used to sit and dream of all of the fun party ideas that I would be able to use once I had kids. This year, I am going with something simple but effective: drinks with a printable Valentines Day card attached.
The best part? You can download the free printable tag and have a super simple Valentines Day treat idea, too!
Simple Valentines Day Treats
I think that a tutorial is probably going overboard, but I am going to go over what I did just in case. These Valentines are super easy to prepare, everything you need to make them is affordable, and it can all be done ahead of time. Far ahead! I needed to fix 20 juices up, and it only took about twenty minutes. Yay!
Buy your supplies on Amazon:
Scissors or a paper trimmer(I definitely recommend the trimmer!)
Curling Ribbon (or double-sided tape)
Kool-Aid Bursts, or drink of choice
Free Printable (Sign up below and it will hit your inbox asap!)
- Print the Valentines cards on some cardstock so that they are nice and rigid. Have your kiddo fill in their name.
- Then, cut them out with scissors or the paper trimmer. I decided to leave the outer line of white, but you could cut right up against the red if you wanted to. I also cut both pages at the same time with scissors, taking care to keep the pages lined up and checking that I had stayed in place anytime I stopped cutting. That wouldn’t have been an issue with the paper trimmer.
- Now that you have each individual tag cut out, punch a hole in the upper left-hand corner
- Cut a piece of ribbon your desired length. I chose to keep mine relatively short because I am sending these with my six-year-old boy, and I didn’t want it to be too frilly.
- Tie the ribbon onto the juice with a double knot, keeping the tails the same length.
- Put the tail that is on the right side through the Valentines Day tag, making sure that it is being pulled through from the back so that the tag stays lined up right.
- Tie a double knot. Make sure that you don’t pull too hard and tear through the cardstock.
- Grab your scissors and curl those ribbon tails!
- Pull the ribbon on the right through the hole in the corner so that it doesn’t hang in front of the tag. You can see what I mean in the image below.
Voila! Cute Valentines Day Treats that you can send to school with your little one. I know that when I was little, Kool-Aid Bursts were the bomb.com, and I am pretty sure things haven’t changed. It is the perfect way for the little munchkins to wash down all that candy. Hooray for candy filled-holidays, am-I-right?
As much as I am poking fun at all of the sugary goodness we will be experiencing this Valentines Day, if you are looking for a healthier Valentines Day treat, you could always use some double-sided tape and stick these bad boys to a juice box. On the flip-side, grab some bottled adult beverages and you instantly have a grown-up version. Or treat your babe to their favorite soda. These tags are super adaptable!
Aren’t they so dang